Horsens Art Museum
In 1906, The Museum Association of Horsens was founded. The idea was to establish a museum of art and cultural history.
The first museum of Horsens started out with a modest location in Horsens Technical School, but in 1915 the former pilot captain Theodor Løwenstein bequeathed his fortune to the building of a new museum at Sundvej – the building that today is Horsens Museum of Cultural History. The architect was Viggo Norn, who was also the chairman of The Museum Association of Horsens.
In 1984, the Museum of Horsens was split up into Horsens Art Museum and Horsens Museum of Cultural History, and Horsens Art Museum moved to the pavilion of Horsens Marksman Guild.
Claus Hagedorn-Olsen has been the director of Horsens Art Museum since 1984 and is responsible for the policy framework of the museum.