Horsens Art Museum - building and surroundings
Horsens Art Museum is located in the beautiful park called Lunden (the Grove). The park was founded in 1843 by Horsens Marksman Guild, who also built the pavilion that today houses Horsens Art Museum.
The building has been extended twice: in 1992, on the initiative of the local newspaper Horsens Folkeblad. And again, in 2006, with financial contribution from the private foundation of Inge and Asker Larsen.
Horsens Art Museum is build as a ‘White Cube’ museum: Light, broadness, simplicity and harmony characterize the architecture.